Monday, November 23, 2015

Micro Mania Photo Show Results

All the ribbons and prizes I got from HoneyHeartsC for the Micro Mania Photo Show.
I collected (or more like played with) Breyer Mini Whinnies before I started collecting any other scale of Breyer. I have always loved them, although for a while they were set aside while I focused my collection on the bigger horses. But now they got their chance to shine again...

I am still absolutely shocked by what I received in the mail a week ago. (You can watch the video of me opening up the package here.) I got all these beautiful ribbons and rosettes for my entries into the Micro Mania Photo Show hosted by HoneyHeartsC (Original contest video here). 
Overall Champ and Reserve Ribbons and prizes.

I am especially shocked that within the package was an overall champion and overall champion reserve ribbons along with the two special Micro Mini Creata Whinner's Choice Test Run models from Candace Liddy!

The rare test model sample pieces that were the prizes for Grand and Reserve Champ.
They are even more awesome in person and I can't wait to show them in May at the Anaheim Mini Show.


 I also love these cute buttons and necklaces I got as well! I'll definitely be putting at least one of the buttons on my backpack. 


Division Champion and Division Reserve Champion Ribbons.
 Okay enough about all the pretty shiny satin ribbons and prizes, because now I need to move on to show some of the pictures I had entered into the photo show!


Photo entry for Class #7 Western Pleasure. "CC Hollywood" jogging on the rail with his rider.
Won First place in the class, CC Hollywood won Western Division Champ, and Overall Champion.

I spent a lot of time setting up and taking all of the photos.

Photo entry for Class #8) Western Games/timed events. "Ebony Lightning" barrel racing bridless.
Won First Place in the class and Ebony Lightning won Western Division Reserve Champ.
All of the photos were taken outside.


Photo entry for Class #16) Costume, Native American. "Blackfoot Eagle" 
Won Second Place in the class

The riders and saddles were made by Breyer, but all the other tack I made myself. Which was a lot easier said then done. Making tiny bridles, martingales, girths, saddle pads, and costumes is easier said than done. 

Photo entry for Class #2) English Pleasure, Hunt Seat. "California Marigold" 
Won First Place in the class and California Marigold won English Division Champ, and Overall Reserve Champ. 

It was also very hard to get the tack to stay on the models. Lots of sticky tack and patience was required.... 

Photo entry for Class #12 Other Western. "Ebony Lighting" herding cattle in to another pasture.
Won First Place in the class and Ebony Lightning won Western Division Reserve Champ.
A lot of the props had come from Breyer Mini Whinnie play sets, such as the fencing, jumper jump, and water trough. (The cows were also Breyer, but actually came from Stablemate sets.)
Photo entry for Class #9 Western Trail Arena. "CC Hollywood" jogging into an "L" element.
Won First place in the class, CC Hollywood won Western Division Champ, and Overall Champion.
Photo entry for Class #4) English Trail, Arena. "California Marigold" walking over ground poles.
Won First Place in the class and California Marigold won English Division Champ, and Overall Reserve Champ. 
I did however make the blue and white poles used for the arena trail classes.

Photo entry for Class #6) Other English. "Inspector Cookie" doing cross country.
Won First Place in the class and Inspector Cookie won English Division Reserve Champ.


I took dozens of different photos for each class and then narrowed them down to just one.

Just to give some perspective on the 578 photos...
I took a total of 578 photos, which were all narrowed down to just the 14 I entered into the show.
The final four photos I narrowed down for the Hunter, Jumper class. I ended up choosing the bottom right photo to enter.

In some cases I had multiple photos I had narrowed down to and it was hard to decide on the final picture. For example the four photos above were hard to decide on which one to enter. 

Photo entry for Class #5) Hunter Jumper. "Inspector Cookie" doing jumper.
Won First Place in the class and Inspector Cookie won English Division Reserve Champ.

Overall I had put in a lot of time and work for the 14 photos I entered and I am happy with how all of them came out. 

Photo entry for Far Out Class Outer Space. "Cosmic Blue Star" (horse on the far right) and other horses are weary of the new visitors from outer space, but the foals think they are fun new friends!
Won First Place in the class.
 Much thanks to my mom for letting me borrow her Kozmic Kiddles (from the 1960's) for the Outer Space class. 


Photo entry for Far Out Class Famous Movie Scenes. "Little Creeks Rain" tied to Spirit in the famous movie scene from Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron.
Won First Place in the class and won Far Out Class Division Champion.
This Photo Show was super fun to do and I am still so beyond shocked by my placings! I love the two test run Winner's Choice horses and they'll always be a permanent part of my collection.

Much thanks again to HoneyHeartsC and Candace Liddy!!!

You can watch this video here to see some of the other photos I didn't include in this blog that were entered into the Photo Show:




No comments:

Post a Comment